In India and its major cities like Bangalore, there’s a rising prevalence of chronic kidney disease or CKD. About 45 percent of people afflicted with kidney disease are males.
Studies have proven a significant relationship between chronic kidney disease with obesity, smoking, diabetes, and hypertension in Bangalore. It’s essential to seek treatment for such a chronic disease from a reputed center.
People suffering from kidney conditions should look for the best urology hospital in Bangalore that provides highly specialized tests. These include template prostate biopsy and video urodynamics.
Chronic kidney disease progresses gradually over the years. If detected early, you can prevent its progression and save your health.
Stages of Kidney Disease
There are five stages of CKD. They include the following:
- Stage 1 – In stage 1, a person has mild kidney damage. They have an eGFR of 90 or above. eGFR stands for estimated glomerular filtration rate. It is an indication of how well a person’s kidneys are functioning.
Generally, an eGFR of 90 or above indicates that your kidneys work well. However, if an individual experiences symptoms of kidney damage like protein in their urine, it may be possible that their kidneys are getting damaged.
- Stage 2 – In this stage, a person has an eGFR between 60 to 89. A person in this stage experiences other symptoms of kidney damage despite having a normal eGFR.
- Stage 3 – It is separated into two distinct phases: stage 3a and stage 3b. In the former, the patient will have an eGFR between 45 and 59. In the latter, it will be between 30 and 44. People in this stage won’t have any symptoms of kidney disease. Still, they can develop health complications like high BP, anemia, and bone disease.
- Stage 4 – In this stage of CKD, the eGFR is between 15 and 29. It means that the kidneys are about to get severely damaged. The symptoms that patients experience at this stage are swelling in hands and feet, back pain, and high or low urination.
- Stage 5 – In it, the eGFR is below 15. It implies that kidneys are very near to failure or have failed. Some common symptoms of kidney failure include muscle cramps, back pain, trouble breathing, and sleeping, back pain, and swelling.
Finding the Best Urology Centre
In Bangalore, 6.3% of the population suffers from stage 3 CKD. It’s essential to take steps to treat this condition. The first step in this direction is to find a good hospital.
Make a list of all the hospitals in your area. Research each of them extensively and book an appointment with the one you feel can treat this condition in the best way.
You can even search online for the best healthcare centres. In this digitally advanced world, a lot of healthcare services are now being offered online. You can Read More Here about the best digital healthcare platforms that offer treatment for various health-related issues. You can look for the platform that would suit your needs and connect with them to get the best treatment advice.
Ideally, it would be best to look for a hospital with the requisite facilities to treat a variety of specialized and essential urological treatments and conditions.
The best urology hospital in Bangalore has highly experienced urologists who can administer imaging tests like MRI, CT scans, and ultrasounds to comprehensively investigate the underlying cause of a patient’s urological challenges.
It’s also essential to assess the services and facilities offered by the hospital you choose. A top-quality center will have services that include the following:
- Female urology
- Reconstructive urology
- Renal transplantation
- Stone treatments
- Prostate surgery
Chronic kidney disease can be life-threatening. If the treatment is neglected, a stage 1 disease can progress to stage 5 and result in complete kidney failure. So, you should take action as soon as you start feeling unusual symptoms that may indicate kidney disease.