As the world’s most popular video sharing platform, YouTube has a vast library of informative, entertaining, and educational content that can be accessed for free. However, there are times when you may want to download a YouTube video to watch later or offline, especially when you have limited or no internet access. While downloading YouTube videos is not officially supported by the platform, there are several third-party tools that allow you to do so, and one of them is YTBsaver. If you are good at Polski, you can search for “yt downloader” and you will find many YouTube downloaders.
YTBsaver is a free, open-source YouTube video download software that allows you to download YouTube videos in various formats and qualities on Linux, Windows, and macOS. In this article, we will show you how to download YouTube videos on Linux using YTBsaver.
Step 1: Install YTBsaver on Linux
Before you can start using YTBsaver on your Linux machine, you need to download and install it first. The following are the steps to install YTBsaver on Ubuntu/Debian-based Linux distributions:
- Open the Terminal application on your Linux machine by pressing Ctrl + Alt + T or searching for “Terminal” in the applications menu.
- Add the YTBsaver PPA (Personal Package Archive) repository to your system by running the following command:
`sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ytb-saver/ppa`
- Update your system’s package list by running the following command:
`sudo apt-get update`
- Install YTBsaver by running the following command:
`sudo apt-get install ytb-saver`
Once the installation is complete, you can launch YTBsaver from your applications menu.
Step 2: Copy the YouTube Video URL
To download a YouTube video using YTBsaver, you first need to copy the video’s URL from the YouTube website. To do so, follow these steps:
- Open your web browser and go to the YouTube website.
- Search for the video that you want to download.
- Click on the video to open it.
- Copy the video’s URL from your web browser’s address bar.
Step 3: Download the YouTube Video with YTBsaver
After copying the YouTube video URL, you can now use YTBsaver to download the video. Here’s how:
- Launch YTBsaver from your applications menu.
- In the YTBsaver window, paste the YouTube video URL that you copied earlier into the “Enter URL” field.
- Choose the video format and quality that you want to download. You can choose from various formats, such as MP4, WEBM, and MKV, and qualities ranging from 144p to 1080p.
- Click on the “Download” button to start the download process.
Depending on the size of the video and your internet connection speed, the download process may take a few minutes to complete. Once the download is finished, the video will be saved in your default Downloads folder.
– YTBsaver also supports downloading YouTube videos in bulk. You can paste multiple video URLs in the “Enter URL” field, and YTBsaver will download all of them one by one.
– You can also use YTBsaver to extract the audio from a YouTube video and save it as an MP3 file.
– YTBsaver has a built-in video player that allows you to preview the downloaded video before saving it to your local storage.
In conclusion, YTBsaver is an excellent tool for downloading YouTube videos on Linux. It’s easy to install, simple to use, and supports a wide range of video formats and qualities that will satisfy most users’ needs. With YTBsaver, you no longer have to worry about having an internet connection to watch your favorite YouTube videos. You can download them and watch them offline whenever you want.